Ph: (08) 8276 9888
1 Flinders Drive Bedford Park, SA 5042
Ph: (08) 8292 2370
520 South Road, Kurralta Park, SA 5037
Calvary Adelaide Hospital
Ph: (08) 8359 2411
Level 5, 120 Angas Street, Adelaide, SA 5000
Ph: (08) 8235 1800
168 Cudmore Terrace, Henley Beach, SA 5022
480 Specialist Centre
Ph: (08) 8465 6370
480 North East Road, Windsor Gardens, SA 5087
Nutrition and dietetics
Nutrition and dietetics relates to how your body works and the impact your diet has on your health.
Dietitians can provide comprehensive dietary advice, education and support for people with a range of conditions, such as:
- irritable bowel syndrome,
- coeliac disease,
- inflammatory bowel diseases (e.g. Crohns and colitis),
- pancreatic and liver disease,
- diabetes/impaired glucose tolerance/POS, and
- food sensitivity.
Our qualified and experienced nutritionists and dietitians include:
- Ms Jenny Carney (Tennyson Centre. 480 Specialist Centre and Flinders Private)
- Ms Justine Hawke, of Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery (Calvary Adelaide Hospital)
- Ms Sally Johnston, of Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery (Calvary Adelaide Hospital)
- Ms Amanda Moon (480 Specialist Centre and Tennyson Centre)
- Mr Nick Wray (visiting specialist)
We also provide a comprehensive service for weight loss and general health and wellbeing.
Jenny has a special interest in nutrition and the gut and works closely with our gastroenterologists. She can also see clients for a weight loss and general health and wellbeing.
Justine, Sally and the team from Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery specifically focus on dietary advice, education and support to people preparing for, and living with, weight loss surgery. This is done through individual consultations, body composition analysis using InBody bioelectrical impedance, online support, resources and phone and Skype consults (for remote and interstate patients).