Information for referring doctors (General Practitioners or other Specialists)
With over 45 specialists across a range of medical fields, we offer the following services in Adelaide:
- digestive surgery,
- clinical sleep assessment,
- respiratory disorders assessment and treatment,
- general and upper gastrointestinal surgery (including bariatric surgery),
- nutrition and dietetics (no referral required),
- psychology (no referral required), and
- exercise physiology (no referral required).
Referrals should include:
- consultant name,
- patient details, including full name, address, date of birth and contact details,
- reason for referral,
- clinical history of the patient, and
- your details and provider number.
The length of time required to wait for an appointment will depend on many factors, such as which specialist the patient would like to see and if they have a preferred location to visit. If you have an urgent matter to refer, please call one of our clinics to discuss the best course of action.
Our specialists have admitting rights at hospitals across Adelaide metropolitan and regional areas, including Calvary Adelaide Hospital, Flinders Private Hospital, Western Hospital, Tennyson Day Surgery, and Windsor Gardens Day Surgery.
If your patient is seeking treatment at a particular hospital, please call us first to check if the specialist you are looking to refer to has admitting rights there.
Private fees do apply, and gaps vary between doctors. Please ensure your patient is aware of this and get them to ask about fees upon booking with their specialist.
Private and self-insured patients
As a private practice a majority of our patients hold private health insurance. If you patient does not have private health insurance but would like to go through the private system, please ensure they are aware of the high costs associated with treatment and make note of this on their referral form. We will provide further details to the patient upon booking an appointment.