Ph: (08) 8276 9888
1 Flinders Drive Bedford Park, SA 5042
Vascular surgery services are offered at SA Group of Specialists by SA Vascular, which was established by Dr Phil Puckridge and Prof Ian Spark to provide the highest quality treatment for vascular disease.
Vascular Surgery encompasses the diagnosis and comprehensive, longitudinal management of vascular disease. This includes disorders of the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems, but is exclusive of the intracranial and coronary arteries.
Services provided include:
- All elements of clinical evaluation and diagnostic tests utilized in the diagnosis of vascular disease.
- Comprehensive management of vascular disease to include screening and surveillance, medical management, drug therapy, risk factor management, wound management including amputations, and other adjunctive procedures.
- Indications and techniques relating to open and endovascular treatment of vascular disorders to include the entire spectrum of interventions used to treat vascular disorders including occlusive, aneurysmal, inflammatory disease, trauma, and neurovascular compressive syndromes involving the arteries and veins of the body (excluding the intracranial and coronary arteries).
- The critical care of the vascular surgery patient.
- Translation of recent research and evidence to the patient in order to provide the best options for therapy.
Our Vascular Surgeons have a particular interest in the endovascular and open surgical management of complex aortic disease including thoracic aortic disorders, endovascular management of peripheral arterial disease and amputation prevention. They provide treatments of venous disease through minimally invasive options such as endovenous ablation (including Radiofrequency ablation, Clarivein, Venaseal glue ablation and sclerotherapy) for varicose veins and venous stenting for chronic venous obstructive disease. Treatment of cosmetic spider veins is available with radiofrequency therapy and micro-sclerotherapy.